Sunday, April 02, 2006

Grumblestiltskin

I spend a lot of time grumbling at bus stops, not that I always initiate the dissent. I chime in, as I am wont, with my own little take on the current moan. Not that there's that much to moan about post-Stagecoach, but we can always rustle up something, like the fact that the first line of the bus display is missing, and so all you can declare with confidence about the arrival time of the next bus, is that it will arrive in anything up to the time predicted for the second. Following a minimal rant recently, I was advised by a fellow bench percher, to subscribe to KATA. I thought he said 'Carter' originally, but then I remembered that a couple of years back, in the days before I reduced my subscriptions to almost none, subscribe to it myself for a year. Apparently a new improved system is on the way. I think I'll have to look out for a KATA update at the library. Cheaper than £5 p.a. for a measly few sheets of A4 at patchy intervals. And why is it that I'm at my most pedagogic at bus stops? Yesterday I pointed out the location of the bus stop number to a fellow stopper. I was sick yesterday, mind you, and conscious of my mortality so I look on it as a valiant, if failed, attempt to transfer the meddling baton. But don't I do that rather a lot....?

No comments: